Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A Comfortable Crisis


You can find me on the couch. I'll be the one taking a long pull on a cigarette from one hand, with a bottle of beer in the other. A plate covered in pizza crusts rests on my lap, while pudding cups and cookies wrappers lie scattered about me. I lounge in my lightweight corduroys and a roller derby tee shirt, watching "Rev." on BBC and planning my next "wank" of the day. I am the one that looks numb while remaining wholly enraged. Unless you know where to buy some weed, don't bother knocking on the door.

Is there a point to this farce?

Not really, but it beats the hell out of commenting on a sermon filled with bigotry and fueled by ignorance, spewed forth in between discourses about a loving God that seems bent on confusing the heaven out of me.

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog. I could say so much, but I guess really just thank you. Thanks for being so open and honest and vocal. I sat in church last week and had to sit there like a dumb ass while someone spouted anti gay rhetoric and quoting (again) the Proclamation. I try to think it is ignorance in the name of God, but sometimes I think it's just hate in the name of God.



    I swear, one day I'm going to open my mouth and speak.

    ReplyDelete